As a member of the Boston Sailing Center, you'll enjoy more time on the water than most boat owners - and at far less cost. Membership entitles you to unlimited sailing during the regular season with no additional cost for boat usage.
The Center's low member-to-boat ratio ensures optimal boat availability throughout the season. And our proven record of excellent boat maintenance is second to none.
Here's how it works:
- Pay one membership fee for boat use for the entire season. There are no rental charges each time you sail. If you sign up after the season has begun, your membership is good until the same date in next year's season.
- Each level of membership adds larger boats but also includes the ones from the lower levels. So if you are a Cruising 40 member you have access to 70 boats ranging in size from 23 to 40 feet.
- If you are new to the BSC, you will need to take a short check out sail with one of our instructors before using the boats.
- If you have completed a course at the BSC, you are qualified for the corresponding membership.
- Make your boat reservations online or call the BSC.
- When you arrive to go sailing, stop in the office to check the weather and pick up the key to the boat.
- When you're done drop off the key and note any maintenance issues in the log.
To find out more about our membership levels click the headings below.
Daysailing - Click for Details & Pricing
Daysail Boston Harbor and the Islands aboard our fleet of Solings and Sonars.
Mid-Range - Click for Details & Pricing
In addition to the daysailers, this membership grants you access to our fleet of J-24s, J-27s, and Olson 25s for daysailing, night sailing, and cruises up to 3 days.
Cruising 30 - Click for Details & Pricing
Enjoy access to the two C&C 34s, Beneteau 310, J-30, and three Sabre 30s for daysailing and for a cruise of up to 7 days. Use of daysailers and Mid-Range cruisers also included.
Cruising 35 - Click for Details & Pricing
Add the use of our Jeanneau 349, Salona 33, Beneteau 36.7, Beneteau 34, Beneteau 35s5, and Beneteau 343s and enjoy a cruise of up to 7 days.
Cruising 40 - Click for Details & Pricing
Adds the Hanse 415, Hanse 375, two Bavaria 37s, Beneteau 37 and C&C 38. The ultimate membership - sail any boat in the cruising, midrange, and daysailing fleets. Includes 7 day cruise.
What our members are saying -
"The truth is, I gained enough experience at the BSC to gain the the confidence to buy my own boat - a lifelong dream. I do love the boat but I'm spending more money and sailing less than I was as a member. I also miss the environment and all the great people there - both staff and members. The BSC is really unique and it's the best deal in sailing."
- Kent McLeroth, former boat owner, returning member
"I just wanted to thank you all for another great sailing season. You guys make it so easy and fun to get out on the water and enjoy a beautiful harbor. BSC is really the best sailing club by far. You have a fabulous staff, many and great boats, great maintenance, and great instruction. I really learned a lot and enjoyed the diesel engine course this year."
- Ron Salett, Cruising Member